- 19/09/2019: Our work on Quantum Radar has been presented as poster in “SPIE Security + Defence 2019” conference and has gained the attention of the conference’s visitors, to download the poster press on: Quantum Radar Poster. The same work has later been published as a peer reviewed paper on Society of Photo-Optical Instrumentation Engineers (SPIE) journal, titled as Object identification and tracking by quantum radar. The paper can be found on: The Link
- 18/09/2019: We have received the bronze medal on the invention about Quantum Cryptography Network in the 4th Istanbul International Inventions Fair (ISIF’19).
- 06/09/2019: Our group members Helin and Abdulrahman have presented a poster in the “21st National Optics, Electro-Optics and Photonics workshop” regarding their latest work About quantum random number generators. The event took place in Koç University.
- 11/09/2019: A new method to speed up the post processing of quantum random number generators has been introduced in our new paper. Check out the preprint on Arxiv:
- 11/09/2019: A simple method to capture the image of quantum entangled photon has been reported . See it on Arxiv: https://arxiv.org/abs/1909.04921
- 19/08/2019: Our work on Quantum Radar has been reported now. You can see the preprint on Arxiv: https://arxiv.org/abs/1908.06850
- 17/06/2019: This is an Avalanche Photo Diode (APD) evaluation kit made in the lab, using it we can evaluate the operation of any kind of APD in the linear and Geiger mode. It has a high variable voltage source that can be tuned according to the specifications required for any kind of either cooled or uncooled APD. This is the first prototype of a product made in the lab and will be improved until getting the final compact product very soon.
- Professor Kadir Durak gave a presentation in Turkish Airlines’ “SCIENCE AMBASSADORS SUMMIT” which took place on the 4th and 5th of May 2019, the summit was held in Sabanci University in Istanbul. Attached below some pictures of the event. For more information press here.
- Dr. Durak presented in Ozyegin University about “Quantum Technologies in the Second Quantum Revolution” on 25th of April 2019.
- Dr. Durak presented at the Institute of Physics Singapore (IPS) meeting 2019 between 13-15 March.
- Dr. Durak gave an oral presentation at the Quantum Optics and Information Meeting (Kobit) on 31st of January.
- A public workshop about Quantum Information Theory and Quantum Thermodynamics was held in Abant Izzet Baysal University on 17-18 Jan 2019. Dr. Durak gave a talk on “entangled photon sources and their optimization for quantum cryptography”. The event was open to all guests and participation was free of charges.
- Asst. Prof. Kadir Durak gave a seminar at Sabancı University on 28th of November about the research done in Ozyegin University.
In the morning of Thursday 04/04/2019, we had a visit of some Architecture PhD students with their professor Dr. Melike Şahinol in “Qualitative Approaches in STS: Cyborgs and Technobodies” class, we explained to them the research done inside the laboratory.
02/04/19: Before starting our weekly meeting we celebrated Nuri’s birthday by surprising him with a birthday cake, after that we continued our usual business.