Ozu hosted a talk by Prof. Fregoso, Professor of Latin American and Latino Studies at the University of California Santa Cruz, Social Sciences Department on “Feminicide (Women Killings) in Latin America, Human Rights and the Limits of Carceral Feminism” on April 18, 2014.
Main research interests of Prof. Fregoso include human rights, culture, gender and racial violence, media and visual arts and cultural politics in the America.
Some of her selected works:
• Terrorizing Women: Feminicide in the Américas (co-edited with Cynthia Bejarano), Duke University Press, 2010.
• Coming to Grips with Feminicide, Truthout, 13 January 2012
• meXicana encounters: The Making of Social Identities on the Borderlands, University of California Press, 2003.
• The Devil Never Sleeps and Other Works by Lourdes Portillo, Austin: University of Texas Press, 2001.
• The Bronze Screen. Chicana and Chicano Film Culture, Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press, 1993.